Community Services Commission
- 6:00 pm
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Community Center
4975 Memorial Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91942
- Please note that additional meetings may be held as required and that there is no meeting in the month of December
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings and minutes are available following approval.
|Ginger Radenheimer||June 30, 2020|
|Darryl Gorham||June 30, 2020|
|Patrick Dean||June 30, 2021|
|Peter Spiller *||June 30, 2022|
|Kathleen Brand||June 30, 2022|
|Bob Duff**||June 30, 2023|
|Bonnie Baranoff||June 30, 2021|
*Represents Grossmont Union High School District
**Represents La Mesa-Spring Valley School District
The Community Services Commission is comprised of seven members appointed by the City Council. Two of the seven members are selected from nominees recommended by the local school districts (one from La Mesa-Spring Valley School District and one from Grossmont Union High School District). Members must be resident electors of the City of La Mesa.
Members are appointed for four-year terms and are subject to the city's Conflict of Interest Code. Members receive $50 as compensation for attendance at all duly held meetings.
- Serves as an advisory body to the City Council on parkland acquisition and policies relating to recreation and park purposes
- Develops and recommends ordinances and/or resolutions establishing administrative rules and regulations for park and recreation facilities
- Reviews the proposed department budget
- Prepares, as needed, a program of park/public facility improvement
- Recommends desirable contractual relations between the city and other agencies for use of buildings, playgrounds and other facilities