The Housing Division focuses on the use of programs and funds to develop neighborhood revitalization programs, affordable housing opportunities and economic development programs. This Division takes primary responsibility for the implementation of the City’s Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, as well as providing mid- and long-range planning functions through the development and implementation of specific and neighborhood plans, which are linked to the policies of the General Plan.
- Administration of the City’s Annual Federal CDBG Funds
- Downtown Revitalization Programs
- Economic Development Activities, including management of the Farmers’ Market
- Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Program Development
- Operation of the Housing and Rehabilitation Loan Program
- Transit Planning
The City is currently in the process of updating the City’s primary housing policy document, the Housing Element of the General Plan. Please see the Housing Element Update webpage for more information.
Effective April 19, 2022