All park permits have been cancelled through July 31, 2020.
Please check back for the latest information.
- Parks are open 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, except for Harry Griffen Park and MacArthur Park which open at 7:00 am and close one hour after dusk.
- No overnight parking or camping in any park (Municipal Code sections 9.08.140 and 9.08.153.)
- See Park Policies for more information
- All parks are smoke-free environments. No smoking or vaping allowed.
- A Park Permit is required for groups of 25 or more, and for special use such as astrojumps.
- Approved Bounce House Vendor list
- Approved On-Site Cooking Vendor list
- Reservable picnic areas are available at Aztec Park, Harry Griffen Park, La Mesita Park , Northmont Park and Vista La Mesa Park.
- A Commercial Use of Public Recreational Property Permit is required for all commercial operators conducting business in City parks - Commercial Use Policy & Permit Application
- No alcoholic beverages without special permit. Alcoholic Beverage Policy Procedure and Permit
- Dogs must remain on leash except at the off-leash dog run located in Harry Griffen Park.
Regional Recreational Facilities
- County Parks
- Lake Murray is a very popular regional facility for La Mesa residents and visitors to relax or exercise
- Mission Trails Park is one of the largest regional urban parks in the United States
La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation
Visit our non-profit partner, the La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation.