Note: Reservable Site Park Permits are now available for up to three (3) households to gather based on California Department of Public Health Guidance for Private Gatherings. The three household's total guest count cannot exceed 24 people, including children. Reservations should be made online, as usual.
- Parks are open 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, except for Harry Griffen Park and MacArthur Park, which open at 7:00 am and close one hour after dusk.
- No overnight parking or camping in any park (Municipal Code sections 9.08.140 and 9.08.153.)
- A Commercial Use of Public Recreational Property Permit is required for all commercial operators conducting business in City parks - Commercial Use Policy & Permit Application
- See Park Policies for more information
- All parks are smoke-free environments. No smoking or vaping allowed.
- Approved Bounce House Vendor List
- Approved On-Site Cooking Vendor List
- No alcoholic beverages without special permit. Alcoholic Beverage Policy Procedure and Permit
- Dogs must remain on leash except at the off-leash dog run located in Harry Griffen Park.
Regional Recreational Facilities
- County Parks
- Lake Murray is a very popular regional facility for La Mesa residents and visitors to relax or exercise
- Mission Trails Park is one of the largest regional urban parks in the United States
La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation
Visit our non-profit partner, the La Mesa Park and Recreation Foundation.