All classes at the Adult Enrichment Center have been cancelled until further notice.
Please check back for the latest information.
Activities & Services
Activities at the La Mesa Adult Enrichment Center (AEC) include a broad range of individual and group services and activities for active mature adults, as well as access to other community resources and agencies serving older adults.
Activities and services include educational, recreational, social and cultural events, daily lunch program, day and extended day trips, legal services, information and referral, health screenings, exercise and dance. For additional information or referrals call 619.667.1322.
The Adult Enrichment Center Bulletin lists all the great activities and services.
La Mesa Walks! have been cancelled until further notice!
La Mesa Walks!
On Tuesdays enjoy a fun walk with friends and neighbors. Walk Schedule
- The first and third Tuesday meet at various locations around La Mesa in the evening. (Fast-paced walk)
- The second Tuesday meet at 9:00 am at the La Mesa Library. On the fourth Tuesday meet at 9:00 am at Porter Park Gazebo. (Slower-paced walk)
Call 619.667.1300 or Email for more information.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with the City of La Mesa? Giving back to your community? Download our Volunteer Application today and get started in a rewarding position. Training provided.
Rides 4 Neighbors Program - Volunteer Drivers Needed!
To become a volunteer, just complete the volunteer driver application and return it to the address noted on the form. Or call us today at 619.667.1321 for information.
- We’ll pay for your DMV and fingerprint background check.
- Once approved you’ll learn our user friendly web-based scheduling system.
- Choose the appointments that best suit your personal schedule – no minimum number of rides required.
- You’ll receive mileage reimbursement at the most current per-mile rate and secondary liability insurance.