Activities & Services
Activities at the La Mesa Adult Enrichment Center (AEC) include a broad range of individual and group services and activities for active mature adults, as well as access to other community resources and agencies serving older adults.
Activities and services include educational, recreational, social and cultural events, daily lunch program, day and extended day trips, legal services, information and referral, health screenings, exercise and dance. For additional information or referrals call 619.667.1322.
The Adult Enrichment Center Bulletin lists all the great activities and services.
Requirements for participation in activities held at the City of La Mesa Adult Enrichment Center:
- For the purpose of contact tracing and emergency response, all participants will be required to sign-up for a free membership.
- For individuals who are fully vaccinated, face coverings are not required in class spaces. For un-vaccinated individuals, face coverings must be worn at all times in the facility. Face Coverings must be worn at all times while inside the lobby, restrooms or Drop-In Center.
- Anyone with any COVID-19-like or flu symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, night sweats, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tiredness, muscle or body aches, headaches, confusion, or loss of sense of taste/smell) must not enter facility.
- Anyone who develops COVID-19 within 48 hours after attending a gathering should notify the organizer of the gathering as soon as possible.
La Mesa Walks!
Call 619.667.1322 or Email for more information.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with the City of La Mesa? Giving back to your community? Download our Volunteer Application today and get started in a rewarding position. Training provided.
Rides 4 Neighbors Program - Volunteer Drivers Needed!
To become a volunteer, just complete the volunteer driver application and return it to the address noted on the form. Or call us today at 619.667.1321 for information.
- We’ll pay for your DMV and fingerprint background check.
- Once approved you’ll learn our user friendly web-based scheduling system.
- Choose the appointments that best suit your personal schedule – no minimum number of rides required.
- You’ll receive mileage reimbursement at the most current per-mile rate and secondary liability insurance.